With around 1.6 million subscribers Vimeo is one of the growing video sharing and hosting sites. Here people can post their video creations and host different videos on various topics. From animations to music videos to demonstrations anything and everything can be posted on Vimeo. However, there are times when Vimeo fails to handle the load and it crashes. This is when you feel how good it would have been if you would have recorded the video you plan to watch. Alongside this, sometimes the challenge of internet connectivity and speed also interferes with video streaming.
Luckily, there’s a way to deal with problems and this is by recording the Vimeo videos and saving them on your device. But how can we do that? Does Vimeo offer that? Or will we have to install and run a third-party tool for it?
How to Record Vimeo Videos With Ease
To get the answer to these questions read on and learn how to record Vimeo videos.
Record Vimeo Video with the Best Vimeo Screen Recorder
TweakShot by Systweak is one of the best tools to screen record Vimeo video in high quality and without watermark. It even allows taking screenshots of the video and editing them using TweakShot Screen Editor. Using the editor you can add annotations, shapes, lines, arrows, blur, pixelate images, add text, and do a lot more. Furthermore, you can record without any time limit and can also set Hot Keys to simplify things. The tool also allows uploading screenshots on Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox. To use this amazing Vimeo screen recorder, follow the step-by-step instructions explained below:
Method 1 – How to Use TweakShot to Record Vimeo Videos
Step 1 Download and Install TweakShot Screen Capture Tool
1. First of all, download and install TweakShot Screen Recorder on your Windows PC
2. Once installed, launch the tool.
3. You will now see a Big Eye with certain options on your Desktop.
Alternatively, you will see it in the System Tray.
4. You can use the app from either of the options.
Step 2 Select the Capture Video Option
5. Next, either click the video icon present in the Big Eye or go to system tray > right-click TweakShot icon > select Capture Video.
6. This will open a new window with various Screen Capture options –
- Single Window
- Rectangular Region
- Full Desktop Without Taskbar
- Full Desktop
7. Select the one that suits you most. Thereafter, select the Frame Rate, Quality.
Step 3 Play and Start to Record Vimeo Video
8. Now that you know what options you want to choose, play the Vimeo video and click Record. You will now see a 3 second timer that notifies the screen recording is about to start. One the recording starts, you will see dotted lines around the screen and will see the recording in progress in the system tray.
Step 4 End and Save the Recorded Vimeo Video
9. Once recording is done, hit the “Red” button in the system tray to stop the recording. Next, go to the location where the recording is saved, you will now be able to see the Vimeo video.
Note: To record audio remember to connect headphones.
Method 3 – Capture Video from Vimeo Online with Free Screen Recorder
In case you don’t like using TweakShot for recording screen, you can use the free Online Screen Recorder. Considered as one of the top free Vimeo screen recorders, this lightweight online screen recorder also works great. To use this tool, you don’t need to download or install any offline app. What you need to do is, visit the official site, and start recording Vimeo videos. Although it is free, it offers great features required for recording Vimeo. Using it, you can record the region or full screen. Also, you can choose the audio input, annotate the recording in real-time, and store it in different formats.
Follow the steps below to learn how to use this online screen recorder.
Step 1 Launch Free Screen Recorder Online
1. Click here to access the screen recorder tool. To start recording, click the Start Recording button. If you are using the tool for the first time, you will be asked to install the online launcher first.
Step 2 Configure the Audio Settings
2. Now, from the main interface, configure the audio source to record Vimeo video. To do so, click the “Microphone” icon, and change the video’s audio source. Additionally, you can also from the screen-size presets change the screen size that you wish to record.
Step 3 Start Recording the Vimeo Video
3. Launch Vimeo on a web browser, adjust the frame > “REC.”
4. This will start recording the Vimeo video. Remember to play the video before you hit REC button.
Step 4 Add Annotations to the video
5. When the recording starts, click the pen icon to add annotations to the video. Once the Vimeo video is recorded, click the “Stop” button from the recording toolbar.
Step 5 Save the Video
6. Wait for the video to save. You will now be able to see it under the screen recorder window. Double click on it to view the recorder Vimeo video.
7. If you want, you can change the language by clicking A.
8. In addition to this, to make changes to the screen recorder settings click the gear icon. This will open the settings window. From here, you can change all the settings you want.
Method 3 – Record using Vimeo Chrome Extension
If you don’t like using the online screen recorder or TweakShot you can use Vimeo Record, the Chrome extension. Using it, you can record your Vimeo video and any activity you do on the PC. Famous for making video tutorials, this Chrome extension allows creating demos, how-to, webinars, and whatever you want.
This tool also allows capturing videos from a webcam. Besides recording system sound, the Chrome extension also supports recording from the microphone. To use this tool, you can log in to your Vimeo account and upload the recorded video automatically to your Vimeo account.
To learn how to use it, follow the steps below:
- Click here to open the Chrome store and download the extension.
- Once installed, go to the upper right corner of the Chrome browser and click the “Vimeo Record” icon.
- Next, play Vimeo video > “Start Recording” button of Vimeo Record.
- When done, click the “Stop recording” button at the bottom of the screen and that is it. You can then upload it directly to Vimeo
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. What’s the best way to screen record Vimeo videos?
The best way to record Vimeo video is to use the TweakShot screen capture tool, which allows recording without watermark and with no time limit.
Also, it allows taking screenshots of the screen.
Q2. Is there a free webcam recorder for Vimeo?
Yes, there are a number of free webcam recorders for Vimeo. In this post we have explained how to use one of the best free webcam recorders for Vimeo.
Q3. Can you take a video of yourself on Vimeo?
Yes, using the Vimeo Chrome extension this can be done.
Q4. Is there a time limit for recording Vimeo videos?
Using TweakShot, the best screen capture tool, you can record video without a time limit.